So disgusted

So I had Elijah's picture taken at Sears. Big mistake. First of all, the "coupon" I got in the mail ended up being a hoax - in the sense that you had to read all the fine print and wasn't worth it. None of the deals were worth my time driving down there. I was really wishing I had went to Penny's instead. Or even better - called Jamye - the woman who took my maternity pictures. I was trying to save money and this is what I got.
Here's the original photo. I was told the picture would be centered, cropped, etc. They did tell me they may not be able to perfectly center it as far as the top and bottom, but the sides would be centered.









However, this is what I picked up today. Yes, his head is CUT OFF on the right!!! I'm so aggravated. I started to say something there in Sears but I was feelin bad for the girl at the counter. She was the only one working as the photographer had not showed up. She had all kinds of customers waiting for pictures to be taken and picked up. I felt bad for her and decided since it wasn't her fault anyways, I would just contact the corporate office. I'll see what they say tomorrow.
Our day has been pretty hectic and Elijah's not had much sleep. He's pretty fussy tonight and Daddy has been doing his best to make him happy. It's just not happening so I'm getting off here to help out.
More later.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh my goodness, that's AWFUL!!! I would DEFINITELY call them and complain majorly.
I absolutely LOVE Sears Portraits. We've used them ever since Kevin was 2 mos old and always LOVED LOVED LOVED them. I think it's probably the people you were dealing with there. I had a HORRRRRRIBLE experience, the only time I ever tried Penneys and will never go back there. But I know some people do like them. They were so unprofessional and wouldn't even consider what I wanted... totally opposite of Sears. And THEN our pictures got destroyed, somehow, so we never even got the awful things. I guess it just depends on WHO (the person) you get to deal with.
I'm sorry you had such an awful experience - that's too sad, especially when it's for your darling baby! You'll have to get your money back. That still won't make up for the bad experience you've had, but at least you can take him somewhere else then. Even WalMart can do better than that - sad to say, but from the sounds of it, true.
Anonymous said…
Sorry you had such a bad experience. You may be able to get a free session or free photos from calling them. Never hurts to try. I have always enjoyed JcPenneys they do a good job for us.
sdlanc5 said…
I am sorry that they turn out I know You probalby wanted way better. I know a girl in our church that takes great baby pics. I wish she could have done it for you.
Lori Medlin said…
Oh my goodness!! That is awful! I would have been disgusted to! I've only taken the kids to sears once. (the pic. of the laying on there tummys with their chin on their hands) I thought they did a really good job. I think it depends on the photographer. We also us J.C. Penney with good results.
Amber O said…
That isn't good at all! I have never used neither one of them..the only place we have around here is Walmart and I have never had troubles like that from even them! Hope you get it worked out!
Megalamode said…
Oooooh my goodness!! That stinks!! In Texas (when Rora was first born, and then now that I've moved back) I always used Super Target, and they do a GREAT job. They don't have them in MO, only regular Targets, so in MO I always used JCPenney's, and loved them. That's who did the birthday pic of her crying. Have you called corporate yet?
Anonymous said…
If you call them they will give you a fre package. I have always had good luck with them...sorry yours didnt turn out. I would definatly call!

Popular Posts