One day closer...

I am one day closer to turning in my two-week notice!!

I want to say a big THANK YOU to all my friends and family for all the prayers that were said on my behalf today. As you all know, I was really dreading today and going back to work. I know all the prayers helped because today wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Yes, I cried, multiple times, but I survived. And tears are a language God understands, right?

I had set my alarm for 6:19, but Elijah ended up waking me at 6:02. I hadn't went to bed until after 11:00. Partly due to nerves, partly due to my cluttered house I cleaned before going to bed. I knew waking to a badly cluttered home would not start my morning out well. I was awake with Elijah from 1:58 until 3:00. Needless to say, it was a very short night. I hope to be in bed a little earlier tonight.

I was ready for work by 7:30 this morning, but decided to sit down and hold Elijah for a few minutes while I ate my breakfast and enjoyed my coffee. I made it to work by 8:15. Not bad for the first day back. I only worked until 3:00... so it was a short day for me.

Before leaving for maternity leave, I accepted a new position as Policy Production Manager. I've never been in a supervisory position before and kind of dread the job. I've really been afraid I'd bitten off more than I could handle. I have a new baby, new sleeping schedule, new body (lol), and a new position at work. I kind of wish I could have just went to work and... well, worked. As it is, I started training for the new position. At least that made the day go by quickly. In the end, this position, will be less stressful than the position I was previously working. And in the long run, probably less hours too. For that, I am grateful. Working in property claims during storm season can get pretty hectic and makes for some long days. My new job is pretty much a standard 8-4:30 kind of job.

I also want to say a big THANK YOU to Chris for getting the deer all taken care of. He was off work this afternoon so he finished processing the deer (before heading BACK out to the deer woods). That is such a relief off my mind. Thank you Sweetheart - I love you!

Elijah did well today. I guess he slept a good part of the day. Yesterday we had quite a bit of errands to do, as well as my six week check up. He got very little sleep and therefore, was exhausted today.

Chris is picking Elijah up at 11:30 each day so I can come home on my lunch break and feed him. That's going to be a nice treat. Of course, I cried again, when I saw him on my lunch break. I just feel like such a bad mom for leaving him. I know mom's all around the world do it everyday, but I feel terrible. He was so smiley today... just woke up and was grinning nearly non-stop. That just made my heart melt and break all at the same time. Why did he have to be so precious? When I asked Chris that question, he asked in turn asked me if it would be eaiser for me to leave Elijah if he were crying his heart out. Of course, my answer was "no"... but leaving those smiles behind sure were hard to do. Elijah has been sleeping since we got home. I had to just spend some time holding him for a while...

I need to get busy. Johnny and AJ are coming for the weekend. I wish my washer was fixed so I'd be able to get the laundry caught up, but oh well... I need to get busy instead of just sitting here...

Comments

Megalamode said…
I'm so glad your day was better than expected!!! Where is Elijah staying? It's nice that it's so close, wherever it is.
Anonymous said…
I am glad to hear that your day went okay even with the tears. I thought of you all day today and was hoping that you were okay. Are you still nursing Elijah while going back to work? Hopefully you will adjust to the new routine and I know that one day very SOON you will be able to turn in your two week notice. I am praying for you!
Corny110 said…
I'm keeping up with your posts....Not much to say.
Anonymous said…
Awwwwwwwwwwwww - that is SO sad :(
Breaks my heart just to read how sad it was to leave him. That is something I thankfully never had to do!!! I thank the Lord for that! :)
Hopefully your schedule will start to smooth itself out, & life will begin to get easier & your can rest better! ;)
God is in control. Just keep that in mind!

Popular Posts