Busy days...

I had, originally, planned to rest these next couple days before I head back into the work force. (A temporary situation - by faith, I'm believing) But resting doesn't seem to be in my future.

I'd wanted to host a time for the sisters at church to fellowship at my house. I'd put it off and put it off, but the past couple weeks, Brother Eric preached a couple of excellent sermons. God was speaking through him, encouraging me to go ahead and host the fellowship. I made up my mind yesterday to go ahead and send an email invitation. I've had great response! I'm really excited too. We've not had a ladies get-together for several months.

I'd also wanted to give my house a good cleaning before heading back to work. Well, the ladies fellowship has kept me motivated to get the cleaning done today. Not only that, I had 7 loads of laundry to do. (I normally wash 3-4 loads) The frustrating part is that on the last load (denium) my washer decided it wouldn't spin out the clothes. I was dreading hand squeezing those jeans out! But Chris messed with it and found the spin cycle worked if he used a different setting (the delicate setting!). Thank the Lord I didn't have to wring it all out by hand. Anyways, all the laundry is done except for that last load that is finally in the dryer.

So today was cleaning, tomorrow is a little more cleaning, minor baking (brownies and cookies), and the ladies fellowship. Wednesday I've got to get the check book updated and then I'm headed to Joplin. I have some errands to run and my 6 week checkup too. Then comes the dreaded day... Thursday is back to work. I don't even want to think about it.

Brother Eric, after preaching Sunday morning, came to my seat and prayed for me. I was really given a peace about going back to work. I don't know that it will be any easier, but I have been given peace. I know God's at work in my situation. Not only that, my sister-in-law has been calling me the past couple days to encourage me and to help boost my faith. I really appreciate all the prayers so many people have prayed for me. I know it really helps me to know I'm not the only one praying.

Elijah is 6 weeks old as of yesterday. He's growing and changing so fast. He's smiling quite a bit now. Today he's not slept very much. Between that and all the gas he's had (Mama wasn't very smart with her food choices this weekend) he's been very fussy today. I wish I could take his pain for him and make it all better. He's so precious and sweet, even when he's fussy. Daddy is taking a turn with him right now. Chris is so patient with Elijah even when he's fussing and unhappy. He just keeps talking to Elijah and playing with him. It's working. Elijah has stopped fussing for the moment and is just hanging on to every word Chris is saying. It's so sweet. I'm so thankful my baby has a great Daddy.

I'm still working on the coupons and getting better grocery deals. This past week, I was able to use about $6 in coupons. No, not that great of a deal, but it's a start. I told Chris that couponing is kind of like a treasure hunt. I went down my grocery list and then to the websites of the brand. I printed off quite a few coupons just by doing that.

Gotta go... Elijah's starving... or so he thinks ;-)

Comments

Lori Medlin said…
So Eli didn't like our food choices huh?? Poor little guy! I know you wont have to work outside the home long!! Keep holding on to that! Love ya!
Megalamode said…
I'm sorry you're having such a sad time with going back to work, but I can't wait to see what the Lord has planned for you in that area!!

Popular Posts