Monday Morning Musings...

I like cryptic titles... they allow me to blog about whatever is on my mind.  :-)  And this, being Monday morning, means the cryptic title can at least begin with 'M'!

My family

E learned to whistle on demand this weekend.  In the past, he would whistle unintentionally, but could never do it when asked.  He finally figured it out, but can only whistle one note! It's sweet watching his little mouth curve into a perfect 'O' and hear that little whistle.

G fed himself with a spoon... my sister, Mimi, was here and helped G with a few messy bites.  I think he was quite proud of himself.



And yes, speaking of Mimi... she and her family spent Saturday night with us.  We spent the afternoon relaxing and playing games.  Our whole family enjoys it when they come.




Are garage sales worth the hassle?

We are like too many other Americans... we have an abundance of stuff.  I'm not a pack rat.  In fact, I can't stand clutter and junk stuff. I regularly clean out closets and drawers.  Still, my effort has not been enough.  Our house is literally bursting at the seams.  It's time for a garage sale!!  Besides, we could always use the extra cash.  Who couldn't?

But goodness.... have you ever prepared for a garage sale?  The seemingly endless, never ending, sorting, pricing!  I've tried eBay with a few of our nicer items, but I'm not too excited about that route... it seems like a lot of hassle for a few mere dollars.  But then, I am probably getting more for the item than I would in a garage sale, right?  Anyways, I'll be hosting a multi-family garage sale next weekend.  I hope it helps.  I do know this much: anything that doesn't sell is going straight to a thrift store.  After all this work to get rid of the clutter, I will not be packing it back in! As for now... it's back to the de-cluttering and pricing...

How do you SHOW thanksgiving?

During my morning devotions, I was reading from one of my favorite books "Created to Be His Helpmeet".  I've read the book several times but each time I read it, I find something new.  One thing remains the same every time I read it: I do not show thanksgiving enough.  I find I take my life's blessing for granted.  I can assure you it's not intentional.  I know I am blessed more than I realize.

Part of the assignment in the journal (if you buy the book, get the journal too - it's wonderful and worth the extra expense!) is to list ways you can show thanksgiving.  I'll admit, I was stumped.  How do you SHOW thanksgiving?  One of the suggestions was writing notes to your family members, I added that I should speak my thanksgiving aloud.  Other than those suggestions, I'm still stumped.

Do you have any suggestions?

Speaking of being blessed, here is one of my favorite songs:


Comments

Popular Posts