10 Months Now!

Ten months have passed so quickly.  Almost as if I'd went to sleep and had a lovely dream. Have I mentioned before that I love staying home with my boys?  In spite of the typical challenges, staying at home is the best decision this family has ever made.

The past couple days I have been especially thankful for my Super Hero. He works so hard for our family.  He is Manager and Driver of the delivery truck for our local lumber yard where he has worked for 23 years.  On top of that, he mows eight yards and installs garage doors/openers - as the work comes to him. Yes, he stays very busy.  I forgot to mention his duty as Trustee at our little country church.  I know it may sound childish to some, but yes, Chris is a Super Hero in my eyes.  Yes, he'll blush and get that silly grin when (if) he reads this.  He doesn't like his picture taken, but this one is one of my favorites:


Lately, I've been wanting to help more with the financial burden... yes, I still babysit, but that income is minimal, and unreliable.  When Little Lady is sick, or my boys are sick, there is no income.  Any other reasons she isn't here - same results: no money.  I've been praying that God would give me something more I could do to help out.  In addition to baby sitting, I try so hard to watch every penny I spend. Even at that, I don't feel I'm doing my full share of helping out. Don't get my wrong, Chris doesn't complain.  Still, there are moments when I know the burden is heavy. The only bills that have been late are the ones I have unintentionally forgot to pay.  God has provided ALL our needs.  Just like His Word promised:

Philippians 4:19-20 (KJV)

19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
20 Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Today, I sat down at the computer to take care of a few things.  I was struck by how much I miss working on a computer.  For 10 1/2 years I sat at a computer nearly every day.  I loved the work.  I don't miss punching a clock, just the feeling of keys beneath my hands, creating a digital document, or editing a photo.  I miss those things. Sometimes I wish I'd studied Graphic Design.

I finished my work on the computer and moved to cleaning the bathroom.  That's when it hit me: blogging.  There is a little money in blogging.  By adding Google Ads to your page, it brings in a little income.  It hasn't been much in the past, but maybe? Could it work? To be honest, I don't feel like there's much in my life that others will care to read about.  We're just normal people living out life to glorify God in all we do and say.  And of course, there's the chance that I'll not blog again for a month... or two... or three. :-) But the idea did come to me as I was whispering a prayer that God would send me something I could do to help.  So here goes...

The blog has a new look. Ads should be appearing if they haven't already.  You, my Reader, generate an income just by looking at my blog.  Even more income if someone happens to click on an ad.  Am I writing this to drum up business?  No.  I'm writing it to explain why Nettie suddenly has ads on her page.  Blogger didn't make me do it. Google isn't forcing bloggers to allow ads. I made the choice.  And who knows... little is much when God is in it!

Thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts