Making it through Monday

Yeah, that kinda sums it up...
(Source: Pinterest)

In our world, somewhere the illusion was created that we must lead perfect lives.  Pinterest-ry perfect houses, Facebook-perfect lives, perfect healthy food choices, perfect bodies, etc. etc.  You know what I mean. 

One thing I can think of that isn't illusion-ized (is that a word?) to be perfect is Monday.  When I was working, I started dreading Monday on Sunday afternoon.  It seems to be one thing our entire world agrees on: Monday's are, well... Monday.  Somewhat terrible.  

I've thought about this several times... and other than going back to work, really, what is so horrible about Monday's?  I find the answer in looking around me... there's a mountain of laundry from the weekend.  The living room is scattered with toys, the couch throw pillows, shoes, and who-knows-what-else.  The rest of the house looks... lived in.  Gabriel, who's schedule has been non-existent over the weekend, is laying in bed crying and fighting sleep.  Elijah dislike's Monday because Daddy doesn't get to stay home anymore.  Monday isn't a perfect day at my house.  No illusion there!!

Trust me.  I'm not out to change Monday's stereotype.  I try to make the best of Monday, even though I seem to start my Monday by looking around my home, shaking my head and asking "where do I start?". 

This morning I was trying to think of a song or verse to help make Monday's burden a bit lighter.  This song, specifically the second verse, came to my mind:

I stand at awe within the Presence of the Lord
In whom the wisdom of the ages lie
In whom the raging of the sea subsides
The living Sacrifice
My only Source of Life

My hope is in the Lord
From this time on and forever more
Oh, my hope is in the Lord
Forevermore

His tender mercies come with every rising sun [that includes Monday!]
To meet the sinner is his brokenness
To offer healing and forgiveness
And those who trust in Him
Will find their hearts at rest


So there, now you know.  This is how I will make it through Monday.  I found this verse to go along with it:

“And now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You."  Psalm 39:7 NKJV

Be encouraged.  There is hope for Monday... and remember, each moment that passes you by is a moment you will never regain.  

Happy Monday!!  I'm off to practice enjoying Monday!

Comments

Popular Posts