Why am I on here?

Yes, that is the question I need to be asking myself? Why am I blogging? It's a beautiful fall day. I should be enjoying some fresh air. God knows how little I've been out of this house in the past three and half weeks. Not only that, my housework is suffering. I have a mountain of laundry that needs folded - not to mention all the 'little' things (dusting, sweeping, bathrooms, etc) that needs done. Elijah is sleeping for the moment and shouldn't need fed for another hour...

About that mountian of laundry... it's not exactly Laundry. Actually, there is a few things of ours that need folded and put away. However, there are three loads of jeans and little boy clothes that need sorted, folded, and packed away in the attic. An aquaintance of ours called last Saturday to see if I wanted to go through her garage sale stuff. I did and got probably 25 pairs of jeans and khaki pants, as well as a few shirts and jackets too. For $25. Yep. I kind of feel like I cheated the lady. I just offered her $25 for the stack and she took it. I guess since she agreed I shouldn't feel like I cheated her, but I really hadn't realized just how much clothes there were until I started washing all of it. All three loads. Wow. I probably won't ever need to buy jeans for my little man. Well... here's the thing... most all of the stuff is 12 months - 2T. God has provided for us, now I need to get in there and take care of it.

Somebody send me some serious motivation. Puh-leeese!

I love Sarah's blog about coupons and sales. Why can't I be more like that? I need to be a bit more frugal. I'm still believing I have worked my last day out of the home and that I am on the road to being a SAHM. I feel I need to honor that position by being as frugal as possible with what God gives us to live on. Some people have it all figured out and savings seem to just fall in their lap (see Debbie M and April's previous 36o blogs) and then there are people, like me, who must WORK to get a good deal. But after reading some of those good deals... I'd say the work is worth it.

So I'm off here. I hear my little man grunting via the baby monitor. Hopefully I can get a few things done before he is fully awake.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Elijah is just so cute! I love all his hair! You can really save by using coupons but trust me it is a lot of work especially when you take 3 kids with you to try and do it lol! Hope you get all your work done for the day and get out to enjoy the fresh air!
Lori Medlin said…
I love that pic of Eli on you side thingie. I would love to start using coupons more to!

Popular Posts