Want to start a Blogger account?

Several have expressed an interest in their own Blogger account. I personally like Blogger better, but won't try to sway or influence anyone to make the switch. It's a personal decision each person must make themselves.

If you're interested, Blogger is (in my humble opinion) just as easy to use as 360. It is different. One of the major differences is that Blogger is about Blogging, not networking like 360. As far as I know, there is no way to invite friends. You must manually send your friends your Blogger link. I wish there was a way to 'invite' and 'add' people like 360, but as far as I know, there isn't. Yes, you can "follow" a blog, but to actually send an email 'invite' - can't do. Someone else may know of a way to send an email invite, but I cannot find any such links.

Another major difference is the ability to design your own page. If you don't want to list your favorite music, movies, TV shows, etc. you don't need to. If you want one profile picture or 10 profile pictures, it's up to you to design your own page. To change your background, you have to use HTML. I've not figured that out yet, but Sarah has that figured out - direct your questions to her. If you're familiar with myspace, you may already be familiar with HTML, however, I've currently not mastered the ability to change my page background using HTML.

Also, you can get quite a bit of help here: http://www.youtube.com/BloggerHelp. Video tutorials for the newbies... doesn't get much easier than that!

Anyways, as I said, I'm not trying to influence anyone or change your minds, etc. Just thouht I'd post this to help those out that were asking.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have tried so many sites and there's just NOTHING like 360. I do like this site for blogging and the fact that you can put MANY pics in each blog, wherever you want. So the actual blogging part seems better, but that's only half of it for me. I LOVE the networking and keeping up with everyone like that, the blasts and personal touches you can add on 360, etc. I love being able to see everyones' updates from my homepage and the commenting on the top page, aside from the blogs.... things like that. But I'll certainly read your blogs here, as long as you have the link in your blast. Thanks for posting it!
Nettie Beard said…
FYI: you can keep up with everyone's updates on your homepage (known as "The Dashboard" on Blogger).
Anonymous said…
Okay so I am going to try and tell you how to change your background. When you sign in go to your blogger account go to your dashboard and click layout. You will then be on your add and arrange elements page. Click add a gadget and a box should pop up. Click html/Javascript and hit the blue + sign which adds that feature to your blog. I use http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/index.php for my backgrounds. So find one that you like and copy the html and put it in the html/javascript box that I just told you about. Click save and it should save your new background. If you have questions just let me know it's super easy!

From the add a gadget button you can click on bloglist and that allows you to add certain blogs to the side of your page so that you can see who has updated last or you can just view it from your dashboard.

I have all my links posted on my page and it's like 360 to me cause I can see who has updated last but I am not trying to sway anyone over here it's just my new blogging home and I am glad that your here.
Nettie Beard said…
Yeah Sarah! It worked!

Popular Posts