Bloggers Retreat and more

The 2008 Bloggers Retreat in Branson was quite the success despite several setbacks in attendance. Sylvia had food poisoning, Linda had another sickness (not sure of the exact details), and I'm not sure why Mary A, Tella, and a few others were unable to come. We missed you all, but still had a wonderful time. I was extra careful so I wouldn't get to worn out. Even did very little shopping in order not to push myself to hard. (But that didn't stop me from getting some great deals!)


I took Elijah with me - I wasn't really sure how that would go over and was frankly, nervous. But he was great and all the "aunts" loved him. He is such a good baby and only had one really bad crying spell due to gas on his tummy. He spent a good part of Thursday night in his Pack-n-Play. I think he was just worn plum out! Everyone was so willing to help with baths, diapers, everything... Thanks to all my helpers!

On our way to the retreat, Mom and I stopped in Crane and showed Elijah to my grandparents. Elijah is their 30th grandchild - that's including grands and great-grands. Grandmother got such a kick out of holding him, burping him, and just really enjoyed getting to know my little man. Before we left, I was able to be in my first "Generation" picture... that was pretty special to me. I plan to print this picture for Grandmother.
Earlier I mentioned great deals; I hit Childrens Place and was able to get $90 in clothes for $30.18 and that includes tax. I was pretty excited. Now I just hope Elijah will be able to wear them. I bought all 3-6 months and they're all winter clothes. I don't know what I was thinking because his 0-3 months still swallow him. I got him the cutest little brown corduroy slouch hat. It's a little big now, but I think it will be so cute on him in a month or so.
I love dressing my little man up - it's kinda of like playing with a real, live, baby doll! "Aunt" Jenny and "Aunt" Linda gave Elijah several new outfits while we were at the retreat- including the tiniest little jeans. He's already worn them twice. I think he looks adorable in them. Of course, I think he looks adorable in anything (or nothing at all!) ;-) The 2nd outfit is from Aunt Grace. He's so stylish! ;-)

I didn't get a lot of pictures of the retreat. I kind of had my hands full. The link to my web album is in the title. I hope you enjoy them... and I hope everyone else posts their pictures so I can "borrow" them.

We discussed the payment arrangements in quite a bit of detail this year. As far as I know, everyone present agreed we should make the retreat a set fee of $60. You can either pay it in $5 increments to Leta each month or if you prefer to pay the full amount closer to next year's retreat, that's fine. I personally plan to pay the $5 each month. All the money will go into a "pot". The money collected should cover the house expense and at least one nice meal out - hopefully two. We had talked about doing this last year but didn't because some didn't agree with the plan. However, this year, we were all a bit nervous that no one was going to show up and the few that did would be stuck paying for the $850 house. If we do it this way, then come retreat time next year, we'll know exactly how many have committed to coming. If we only have 10 people committed, we'll find a different house or condo to accomodate the monies collected. If 25 people have committed, we'll know we need a big house and can plan accordingly. I hope all the others that were there and helped with this plan will also blog any details I've left out.

To all my 360 friends... feel free to comment. You don't have to have a Blogger ID to leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you. I'm so tired of 360 not letting me post the things I want to post so I decided to blog here and post my link on 360... I hope you don't mind.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like you all had fun. I am going to be there next year. I just didn't think I could this year with a 3 month old who is awake most of the time and still nurses every 3 hours. I don't think I would have gotten much accomplished with having him there even though he has matered sleeping thru the night. You look really good for just having the baby! He is adorable and sounds like you got some great deals for him. Eli is wearing some 3-6 month still and some 6-9! He is growing so fast! I bet you bought the right size of clothes for him. I love little baby boys in jeans. Eli owns several. Have agreat day!
Anonymous said…
This looks a lot better than 360. Someday when I have some time I'll have to try it out.
Anonymous said…
Yeah, this looks easier. This is where my brother Aaron blogged at. I have enjoyed reading his blog over time.
Glad all is going well! Good to hear from you again!!
Anonymous said…
When you get some time will you email info on how to run this site? Thank you! Take care!
By the way...all the pics are really cute!
Amber
Megalamode said…
Hey! I have a blog on here to. It's piratysoul.blogspot.com You look great!! I still looked dead at that point, ha ha. How in the world did you get 90 bucks worth of Children's Place stuff for 30?!? Are they having a fall sale?
Anonymous said…
Amber was telling me about the "new plan". That is what I have always thought... to have the money BEFORE the house gets paid for. I think we should set an EXACT date for the deadline to have our money in, and it should be before the house gets reserved. I'm hoping and praying to be there next time :)
Anonymous said…
We did have alot of fun!! I hope everyone will do the month thing or the one lump payment of 60.00 It will make it so much easier for everyone! Even if people could come at the last minute, it would still be possible if they paid their 60.00! Eli looked so cute in his little jeans!! Love that little man!! Give him a kiss from his "favorite" aunt Lori!
Anonymous said…
WOW,
I'm hoping we can ALL set up our pages and move on over here!!!!!!
People are leaving the comments!!!!
Love the little man too!!!!
Anonymous said…
OH! I just loved the pictures of Eli, those jeans are soooo cute! I think the idea is super to pay ahead, so everyone knows what to expect. I might send a check to Leta right away! I like this blog..you will have to let me know what to do to get on it! Seems so much easier than fighting and fighting and finally giving up to comment on 360. Love ya, big hugs to Eli! I saved the "generations" picture!
Anonymous said…
I am ON BOARD with the way we voted for the retreat money.Mine and Mom's money for November has already been submitted. There will always be the select few that are the main crowd and the others will come if it is handy. Personally in the light of the medical news we received about Mother, I don't know what I would have done if the Lord had not allowed me to go to the retreat. My "sisters" were there for me to hold us up in prayer and I believe they still are holding us up in prayer. Moving on....

On the gift part, I am thinking of crying.....it seems so insignificant to some but I wanted Elijah to have a gift that "we" would enjoy. He is too little to care but I LOVE jeans on boys and his towel I will pretend I am there to give him a squeeze every time he has it wrapped around him. The little man may never know how God used him...someday I will share the story as I cannot see the keys so well through the tears.... I love you guys!
Anonymous said…
I am ON BOARD with the way we voted for the retreat money.Mine and Mom's money for November has already been submitted. There will always be the select few that are the main crowd and the others will come if it is handy. Personally in the light of the medical news we received about Mother, I don't know what I would have done if the Lord had not allowed me to go to the retreat. My "sisters" were there for me to hold us up in prayer and I believe they still are holding us up in prayer. Moving on....

On the gift part, I am thinking of crying.....it seems so insignificant to some but I wanted Elijah to have a gift that "we" would enjoy. He is too little to care but I LOVE jeans on boys and his towel I will pretend I am there to give him a squeeze every time he has it wrapped around him. The little man may never know how God used him...someday I will share the story as I cannot see the keys so well through the tears.... I love you guys!
Jennie
Anonymous said…
I really enjoyed my time at the retreat. Its my get away from lifes pressures and by the time I get back home I'm grateful for the life I have.
I LOVE the pictures of baby Elijah. HE is sooo adorable in his little jeans no bigger than a minute. I can't wait for next year. I NEED to send my money to Leta for this month and next. Sorry you guys I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone but wanted YOU all to know I loved our time together. Your "little man" is so sweet and cute. Oh! before I forget...did anyone happen to see a pair of BOOTS left at the house..brown with lug soles. Name brand Mudd. love you

Popular Posts