A visit with my parents

A couple weeks back I was super excited to find out our pastor had invited Dad to speak in our church.  I think most of my readers know about Dad's accident back in December.  Needless to say, this would be my parents first visit to my home since the accident.  Actually, due to conflicting schedules, it would be my Dad's first visit since Gabriel was born!!  As I said, I was very excited. 

First step was to get a ramp built.  We started to invest in a nice permanent ramp but changed our minds.  You see, Dad is claiming a full recovery.  His faith has been so strong throughout the entire ordeal.  Building a permanent ramp just seemed to be a false statement of our faith.  So a temporary, portable ramp was what we ended up with.  Once Chris got started, it only took him about 45 minutes to an hour to build the ramps we needed.



We were fearful that Dad's hoyer lift wouldn't fit in our guest room.  Chris' parents (who live around the corner) opened up their home to my parents.  Their guest room is quite a bit larger and gave Mom and Dad the room they needed.

We had such a good time with my parents.  It was so nice to visit with them and give them a chance to be "grandparents" to the boys!  Precious memories were made this weekend.

Kisses and love from Papa


Granna took Elijah to Prairie Days to get a hunting rifle!

Playing Connect Four with Papa


Dad spoke for our church and also sang and played his harmonica.  I videoed the special but the video also included a lot of "heads" of the congregation.  I've asked a friend to provide me with her video of the special. I will post it as soon as she gets it to me.

I am claiming this verse for my Dad:


Exodus 15:26
And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt dothat which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon theEgyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.

Comments

Popular Posts