15 years... and counting!!!

15 years seems like such a monumental anniversary number. In today's secular world, it is a big number.  But when I think about Godly couples I know, who've been married 40, 50, 60, 70 years.... well, we've only just begun.  I truly want to be one of those couples who look back at their 15th anniversary and say "we had only just began!"  By God's grace, we will be!

So young

So in love


Our cake 

So handsome

So beautiful

With our parents

Jessica and Isaac

Ah... 15 years ago, I was rushing to get my hair curled, teeth brushed, veil in place... all those final details.  I remember getting up and running around Aurora with my mom, buying last minute items.  It was so stinkin' hot! Wow! Yeah... like 96 degrees!  And 250 people in the church.  I look back now and ask myself: what were we thinking?  For one thing, I know I never expected that many people to show up!!  I was wearing long sleeves... hair down.  Whew!  If I'd known then what I know now!

It was short and sweet wedding.  I surprised Chris by singing "The Waiting Is Ended" which was written by a friend of a friend.  And yes, I can remember all the words... because they're still true!

The Waiting Is Ended
(To the tune of "Thank You For The Valley")

I have waited for this moment when I would be your bride
To walk in love and honor, life's pathway by your side
I found our love increasing 
And the day is now here
And the waiting is ended, at last, oh my dear

Sweeter with each passing day
Nearer when I kneel and pray
Richer and deeper is our love
Given by God up in Heaven above
And the waiting is ended, at last, oh my love

He bawled like a baby through the entire song! Totally took him off guard.  He had no idea I was going to sing to him.  Brother Brown (the minister) laughed and chuckled through the whole thing.  He was pretty cracked up at Chris.

So much of it seems like a blur... In fact, I'm amazed at how little I remember when I look at the pictures.  I only remember bits and pieces.  I guess that's from so much happening at once. I'm grateful for the video (yes, VHS!) and photos that we have.  I've created a scrapbook and it's always fun to go back and re-live those precious wedding moments through the memories.  

In spite of the forgotten memories, the most important thing is: God blessed me with the man He knew I needed.  Neither one of us is perfect, but we're perfect for each other.  It's a miracle how God can take two totally different people and put them together.  He's quite the Matchmaker!  

Sweetheart; I love you!  I'm so thankful God gave us these years together.  You're my best friend.  My protector, provider, and the one that makes my day by walking in the room.  You're the meaning in my life... my inspiration... I'll love you forever and ever and ever!

I never want to let go of your hand!

Comments

Popular Posts