Proverbs 31 & Titus 2

It seems you hear a lot about the Proverbs 31 woman. Her price is above rubies and her family sings her praises. It is my hearts desire to be like her. I continually press toward that goal.


Recently though, I’ve been reminded of the 8 “Commandments” to Godly women, found in Titus 2:

1. to be sober
2. to love their husbands
3. to love their children
4. to be discreet
5. chaste
6. keepers at home
7. good
8. obedient to their own husbands


It’s followed up with: …that the word of God be not blasphemed. Wow. God help me be the woman and wife You created me to be. Blasphemy is a dangerous thing.


3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;


4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,


5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.


Those close to me know I’ve been reading (and re-reading) Created to Be A Help Meet by Debi Pearl. That book has changed my life – and my outlook on my husband. I encourage every married woman to read this book. Part of it is so hard to read; I cried and at times became defensive. “I am NOT like that!” Only to hear a still small voice say “You aren’t?” Somebody obviously knows me better than I know myself. Nothing is hidden from Him.


My favorite part of the book is how Mrs. Pearl will point out something and I’m sitting there thinking “That’s not in the Bible.” But the very next sentence is the scripture reference that shows me where it’s found in the Bible. Mrs. Pearl constantly and consistently refers you back to Scripture. These are not HER words – they’re the Word of God. How can I argue with Him?


Again, I encourage you to read this book. But I should also warn you: it may be difficult to read. If you choose to read it, do so with an open heart and mind.


Debi Pearl doesn’t have a clue who I am and won’t be reading this blog entry. I get no recognition for promoting her wonderful book. You can buy it off her website http://www.nogreaterjoy.com/ or through Amazon.

Comments

Popular Posts