Sick baby and cleaning supplies

Elijah is sick with another cold - third time in his short life. He's always a trooper and still smiles even though you know he does not feel well. His poor left eye started out being red and swollen - that evolved into the sniffles and a very dry cough. He also had a low grade fever but it's gone now. I'm thinking teething may be playing into the picture too.

Thursday night, Elijah and I ended up sleeping in the guest room together. We were up every hour, but wouldn't you know it? He woke me up about 7:15 with a smile on his face, just a jabberin' away! I tried to keep sleeping but felt a little hand on my face. When I opened my eyes, he planted a big, wet, slobbery kiss on my cheek and then just grinned! Talk about melting my heart! I am blessed with a very sweet baby.

Yesterday I decided to take Elijah outside for a while. The temp reached 78 degrees - I figured he'd be fine. We were out about 15 minutes when he sneezed. I turned around and found his eyes watering (read: tears streaming down his cheeks) and his nose running away... The word 'allergies' popped into my head and my righteous indignation got the best of me. I had it out right then and there with that stinkin' devil. I reminded him that Elijah IS a son of God and satan has NO ground to stand on. I REFUSE to accept allergies for my baby. God said speak it, claim it, and believe it. I've done that and now I KNOW God will touch my poor baby. Doesn't matter how many times that cat scratches at the door, I will not let him in!

I spent a LOT of time holding Elijah yesterday. That means I spent a lot of time sitting too. Wouldn't you know it? I pulled my back out again. Sitting is like the worst thing you can do for this sciatic nerve. I had trouble with it some time back - thank goodness, this time isn't nearly as bad! I claim healing for that too. I was planning to go see my Aunt Mary and Uncle Chris from Virginia, but now I think I'll stay home. Driving and sitting are so hard when this back acts up. I'm so bummed. They've not seen my baby and I've not seen them for a couple years. Not only them, but a lot of my mom's family was going to be there too. A mini family reunion I guess...

About the cleaning supplies... I'm just tickled pink with myself. I'm trying, really hard, to learn to spend frugally. It's hard, but I know it's not going to be an overnight transformation. I don't know about you, but I've been sucked into those stupid cleaning supply commercials, more than once. You know the ones I'm talking about: spray the cleaner on and miraculously the surface becomes new and sparkly clean. In other words - ALL cleaning product commercials! I've bought the product only to be severely disappointed. Again.

Well, this time I made my own cleaner. (I have a whirlpool bathtub that is very hard to keep clean - our hard water and grime just GLUE themselves to the tub) All you need is Dawn dish detergent and a little vinegar. Maybe you all have tried this and I'm the one that's just now catching up - whatever the case may be... this stuff WORKS. Those cleaning commercials? I'm convinced they use this cleaner and only pretend to use the name brand stuff. It literally is: spray on, wipe off. I love it. You could get pretty high on the fumes (don't use in small spaces that don't have any ventilation) but I can live with that for now. Here is a video to show you how to make the stuff. Fine print: I've not tested on all surfaces - use at your own risk.

I need to buy diapers - I hate NEEDING to buy diapers. Previously, I've had a nice little stash and bought diapers ahead of time when I found a great deal. This time, the great deals have alluded me and now I NEED to buy diapers. I'm off to see if there are any good deals to be found online... I sure hope so.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Think that that was so very sweet of Elijah of "pulling you to himself...so he could give you a nice, juicy kiss".

Most of the commercials are phony and expensive, so will stick to a few normal cleaningsupplies and am learning to use it for more things or just things like vinegar etc. Diapers are sure expansive things and trying to buy as much adds as possible.
Will keep believing with you about NOT accepting those allergie-devils, Hannah
Anonymous said…
PS: what a cute picture with text on top of your page, Hannah

Popular Posts