Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sick baby and cleaning supplies

Elijah is sick with another cold - third time in his short life. He's always a trooper and still smiles even though you know he does not feel well. His poor left eye started out being red and swollen - that evolved into the sniffles and a very dry cough. He also had a low grade fever but it's gone now. I'm thinking teething may be playing into the picture too.

Thursday night, Elijah and I ended up sleeping in the guest room together. We were up every hour, but wouldn't you know it? He woke me up about 7:15 with a smile on his face, just a jabberin' away! I tried to keep sleeping but felt a little hand on my face. When I opened my eyes, he planted a big, wet, slobbery kiss on my cheek and then just grinned! Talk about melting my heart! I am blessed with a very sweet baby.

Yesterday I decided to take Elijah outside for a while. The temp reached 78 degrees - I figured he'd be fine. We were out about 15 minutes when he sneezed. I turned around and found his eyes watering (read: tears streaming down his cheeks) and his nose running away... The word 'allergies' popped into my head and my righteous indignation got the best of me. I had it out right then and there with that stinkin' devil. I reminded him that Elijah IS a son of God and satan has NO ground to stand on. I REFUSE to accept allergies for my baby. God said speak it, claim it, and believe it. I've done that and now I KNOW God will touch my poor baby. Doesn't matter how many times that cat scratches at the door, I will not let him in!

I spent a LOT of time holding Elijah yesterday. That means I spent a lot of time sitting too. Wouldn't you know it? I pulled my back out again. Sitting is like the worst thing you can do for this sciatic nerve. I had trouble with it some time back - thank goodness, this time isn't nearly as bad! I claim healing for that too. I was planning to go see my Aunt Mary and Uncle Chris from Virginia, but now I think I'll stay home. Driving and sitting are so hard when this back acts up. I'm so bummed. They've not seen my baby and I've not seen them for a couple years. Not only them, but a lot of my mom's family was going to be there too. A mini family reunion I guess...

About the cleaning supplies... I'm just tickled pink with myself. I'm trying, really hard, to learn to spend frugally. It's hard, but I know it's not going to be an overnight transformation. I don't know about you, but I've been sucked into those stupid cleaning supply commercials, more than once. You know the ones I'm talking about: spray the cleaner on and miraculously the surface becomes new and sparkly clean. In other words - ALL cleaning product commercials! I've bought the product only to be severely disappointed. Again.

Well, this time I made my own cleaner. (I have a whirlpool bathtub that is very hard to keep clean - our hard water and grime just GLUE themselves to the tub) All you need is Dawn dish detergent and a little vinegar. Maybe you all have tried this and I'm the one that's just now catching up - whatever the case may be... this stuff WORKS. Those cleaning commercials? I'm convinced they use this cleaner and only pretend to use the name brand stuff. It literally is: spray on, wipe off. I love it. You could get pretty high on the fumes (don't use in small spaces that don't have any ventilation) but I can live with that for now. Here is a video to show you how to make the stuff. Fine print: I've not tested on all surfaces - use at your own risk.

I need to buy diapers - I hate NEEDING to buy diapers. Previously, I've had a nice little stash and bought diapers ahead of time when I found a great deal. This time, the great deals have alluded me and now I NEED to buy diapers. I'm off to see if there are any good deals to be found online... I sure hope so.
Post a Comment