Elijah's Growing to Fast - How Can I Remember it All?

I wish I blogged more. My problem is when I get a quick minute to get online, I end up stuck on Facebook or reading blogs and don't take the time to actually blog for myself. I'm getting concerned that I won't keep track of all the amazing things my sweet baby is doing and how he's growing. These days pass so quickly and they're gone forever - unless I take the time and effort to carefully journal his precious antics and accomplishments.


So first I want to catch up Elijah; he's six months old as of this past weekend. He's grown so much. I don't realize how MUCH until I take the time to look at 'before' and 'after'. Last night I took the time to watch a couple video clips from when he was a month or so old. Wow! He was so little. I don't remember him looking that way until I look at those pictures.

Elijah loves to say 'da-da-da-da-da' much to Chris' pleasure. His other 'word' is 'bu-bu-bu-bu-bu' and today, I heard a 'ge-ge'. Wow... moving right along in the vocab department. He's also learned to blow raspberries. He loves to smile, easily laughs, and is over all a very happy baby. He chews his toes if I let him and has tried to eat Chris, Papa (Beard) and my toes too. He chews on everything, which is probably part of the teething stage. Elijah loves the Exersaucer too - it's his favorite past time. He's not crawling yet, but can roll just about anywhere he wants to go. He will get up on all fours, but hasn't figured out how to make all four work together.

Elijah's favorite food seems to be applesauce and sweet potatoes. I mix them both with rice or oatmeal ceral and he loves, loves, loves to eat. I can't seem to feed him fast enough. He groans and grunts through dinner - which seems to be his way of communicating "I'm hungry and want food NOW." The only food Elijah has shown disinterest in is fresh bananna's and avacodo. He eats bannana from a jar and likes it fine. I'm sure the flavor is quite watered down. I've tried pureed bananna and he still won't eat it very well. He's moving into stage 2 foods - but mostly eat's the food I make for him at home. He's starting to learn how to drink from a sippy cup too. He's not got it down 100% yet, but he'll be there before I know it and I don't want to rush him.

Two weeks ago, Elijah and I went to Granna and Papa (Miller) to help them move. We traveled alone in the truck. Elijah did very well, but was very tired of the carseat by the time we reached our destination. He interacted very well with Stephen, his cousin, that is six months older. They enjoyed watching Baby Signs together.

While in Fort Smith, he and I were sitting at a stop light waiting for the green light. Elijah, of course, was sitting in the front seat with me because we were in the truck. I was making silly faces and he laughed and laughed at me. It was so precious and I nearly missed the light because I was enjoying the moment so much. That one moment was worth all the missed sleep, all the dirty diapers, and I pray we have many more beautiful moments to come.

Elijah is still sleeping through the night and now only needs to be put in his crib to sleep. I've always hoped I'd have a baby that sleeps on his own - God has given me the desire of my heart. In fact, he does better going to sleep in his crib vs. being rocked or nursed to sleep. Wow. Mornings are my favorite time of the day... even if I can't sleep in. There's something about walking into Elijah's room and seeing that precious smile greet me. And morning's are the only time Elijah likes to cuddle. He just lights up when he sees me. I love it.

Monday we had his six months pictures taken at Magic Wand. Jayme is awesome and I can't wait to see the proofs. Elijah really hammed for the first 1/2 of the session, but then got tired and ended up falling twice. Not good - but I know the pictures will turn out awesome.

This will be his first Easter - I'm debating whether or not I should get the Easter basket tradition started this year. Part of me hesitates because I know he won't have a clue what is going on, but then I hate to miss it too. My parents didn't do much of anything other than a egg hunt, but Chris' parents did baskets, etc. I did buy Elijah the cutest little outfit for Easter. He looks so cute in it. He and Daddy will be matching for it.

Speaking of Daddy - he's so awesome with Elijah... and Elijah adores his Daddy. His little face lights up when he sees his Daddy. Chris has also taken over two cooking nights for me - Tuesday and Thursday. This really gives me a break and I really appreciate Chris' help. He helps around the house to the point there are days when he does more work than I...

I'm sure there is so much more I am forgetting to add - I really need to either start blogging more OR writing a paper journal - you know, with a pen and paper! LOL


Let's see, in other news, I went garage saleing last weekend and got some great deals. I got a pair of Robeez for $1, a lot (7) Avent bottles for $5, a box of Abeka books for $1, quite a few clothes for Elijah, and several other odds and end stuff. Oh yeah, I got a new curtain for my kitchen for $2 - add a rod for $1 - it's not my favorite curtain, but I can live with it for $3.

So here are some pictures and then I've gotta run...




Comments

Anonymous said…
He is adorable and it sounds as though all is going well. It is amazing how fast time goes by!
Sarah
Anonymous said…
He sure is growing up fast. It's really important... to keep notes, blogs, pix, video etc. etc. of Elijah as you guys will enjoy it a lot when he's older; sure glad that my foks took so many pix and video's of us when we where little. It's nice that Chris will help out too and about the good yardsale deals. At least can you still get banana in Elijah, nomatter what my mother tried I would refuse to eat meals with egg in it; yes even if she would prepare it when I was asleep upstairs or a couple hours ahead of time and I'm still not ot fond??? of eggs, Hannah

Popular Posts