Miracles Still Happen - Part 2

A few weeks back, I posted Miracles Still Happen; the story of the power of a simple prayer. I wanted to give an update about my back. It is 100% better. Nearly every day, as I go about my daily tasks, I am reminded of how my back used to respond to a simple duties I would be doing. For example: I used to guard how I stood when I cleaned the bathtub, bent to pick up toys, or even my shoes. I no longer feel the need to stand a certain way while doing these simple tasks!! Even sitting certain ways affected my back. NO MORE! The healing is, no doubt, miraculous! I am so thankful God extended His healing hand and touched my back!

So – in other news, the end of October, I had a sneaking suspicion I was pregnant. But then again, I’ve played a lot of mind games with myself in the past. I would be a few days late, take a pregnancy test, only to start a few hours later. This time, I decided to beat myself at the mind game and get the pregnancy test done and over with! Except… it came back positive!

I hyperventilated.

Even though I thought I wanted another child, to have one coming unexpectedly was a big shock to the system! I hid out in the bathroom for a while debating on how I was going to tell Chris. I really thought he would be upset. I finally decided to face it head on and tell him.

He didn’t believe me. At first. Then I think the look on my face registered with him and he knew I was serious. Needless to say, neither of us got much sleep that night.

On Monday (10/31/11) morning, I went to work but kept to myself in my cube. I was afraid to face anyone because I thought they too would know by the look on my face. Plus, I was still dealing with it. I knew financially we couldn’t afford for me to stay at home yet. That was pretty upsetting. Plus knowing Chris didn’t get much sleep caused me to feel he was upset which in turn upset me even more. Babies are supposed to be a time of joy – but I wasn’t feeling any joy yet.

Monday at noon, I went home and was met by Chris who was beaming! His smile was so big and contagious! He looked at me and said “I’ve been pushing some numbers” Of course, I didn’t give him time to finish his sentence before thinking “he just means that we can afford this baby”. Instead, he finished the sentence with “and you should be able to stay at home this time”. WHAT??? Did I hear that right??? He went on to explain there would be several (major) changes that need to be made, but by God’s grace, we could do it.

WOW. Now I’m getting excited about the baby! Or wait – is it excitement that I’ll be staying at home?

We told Elijah our good news. He was very excited to be a big brother. We let him call Nanny and Granna to tell them the good news. He was so excited to say “I’m gonna be a big brudder”! Of course, both grandmothers hesitated to believe him but were very excited when Chris and I confirmed the good news! He is still so excited about the baby and talks of how he’s going to hold the new baby and “be very careful”.

That same Monday evening, we decided to visit Chris’ parents for a few minutes. As we were getting ready to pull out of the drive, Chris’ headlight switch broke – for good. It had been messed up for a while but he’d been limping by because these switches are an $80 part. I assured him that’s what our emergency fund is for. You can’t go without a head light switch! Guess what? Chris got online and found the part for $31 including S&H! Thank you Lord!

Tuesday night, Chris shot a very large buck! It was a beautiful 12-point buck that had a drop tine. If you’re like me, you have no idea of the importance or rarity of a drop tine, but take my word for it: a drop tine is a big deal. Chris was so thankful to have shot this magnificent deer. And to make things even better, the deer dropped when Chris shot it. For hunters this is a big thing – no searching the woods for a deer – in the dark! In addition, not only was this a beautiful deer, we harvested about 35 pounds of meat from this deer. Another big blessing – thank you Lord!

On Thursday, Chris’ friend and co-worker turned in his notice. Although Chris will miss Andy tremendously (they’d worked together for about 10 years), Chris has been given overtime. This is an additional $350-$500 per month! Another BIG blessing – thank you Lord!

All these blessings were a confirmation to Chris and I that he’d made the right decision. It was if our Heavenly Father was saying, “See? Trust me and I will provide for you.” We’re humbled by His faithfulness to us and so excited by the upcoming changes in our lives.

Sunday, our pastor spoke an amazing message on how God will “set us up”. He will allow things in our lives to see our reactions. Are we going to trust Him completely? How will we react to the test? With heavy heart or with a heart of thanksgiving and praise? It was one more confirmation to me that God heard my prayers and would provide for us if we’d only believe in Him. At the end of this amazing service, our pastor’s wife came to the front of the church and requested the church pray for Chris and I for the upcoming months. Their prayers meant so much to me.

I have NO DOUBT that God will work out EVERY detail. Several years ago, while praying about staying home, I heard the audible voice of God speak “I will provide for you, I will make a way.” I have His spoken word – why should I doubt? As of now, the plan is that I’ll work up to delivery, but I leave this decision in the hands of God. We’ve still got 9 months ahead of us and a lot can happen in that time frame.

My heart is overflowing! God has been so good to me.

(Chris hasn’t wanted me to put this on FB yet, but I wanted to go ahead and blog because I know the details I want to remember will start fading from my ever shortening memory.)

Comments

Popular Posts