No worries!

This morning I woke up wondering where we're going to fit everything in our little house after our new baby arrives.  The guest bedroom doubles as storage room and I have no idea where we're going to put everything when we move Elijah to that room.  I don't know why this suddenly popped in my mind this morning.  I hadn't thought a thing about it until then. 

There are times when discontentment creeps in and I wish for a larger house.  Then reality hits and I know how hard it must be to keep up with a big house!  Having another baby will make our home seem smaller, but it's so cozy and cute. We've worked hard on this house - it would be really tough to let it go.

Now don't get the idea we're moving - 'cause we've not talked about it!  I'm just rambling and thinking out loud.

Elijah is quite excited about being a big brother.  He frequently asks about the baby wondering when the baby will be here.  He usually proceeds to tell me how he's going to hold the baby and be so careful.  The other day he found my iPhone pregnancy app.  It has pictures of the baby as it develops.  He brought it to me with a very solemn face; "Mom, what is that?"  I mentally debated for a few seconds on how to answer.  I finally bit the bullet and explained it is the baby.  I showed him the progress as the baby grows and told him that Mommy's belly is going to get really big.  I explained I have to go to the doctor to get the baby out.  He took the phone in his hands and stared at the picture for quite a long time.  Finally he looks up and says "Mom, does your belly hurt with that ball in it?"  I told him no but he was quite concerned.  He asked me several times if my belly was okay.  Since then, he's asked to "see the baby".  He'll just look at the latest picture as if trying to memorize it.  I think he's going to be a great big brother. 

I've also explained that after the baby gets here, Mommy will be staying home with him.  He is very excited about this and asks nearly every day if the baby is here yet.  When I tell him no, he then tells me "but I want her here now!"  Poor guy might have a hard time waiting out these 9 months!

Comments

Popular Posts