Feelings

I can't believe it's been this long since I posted... And we're 60 days into 2010! Where does time go?

As much as I love blogging about Elijah and keeping up with his fun antics, I'm missing blogging for me. I used to blog on 360 (Yahoo's flop of a blog) and loved it. I could vent, rant, reminisce, etc. So I've been thinking of going back to that format but also include Bubby's life. Trust me, I love to brag on my boy! Can't imagine a post without talking about him.

Valentines weekend, Daddy decided it was time for Elijah to give up his binky. He was 16 months old. We looked up the moon signs on the Almanac and found it was the right time for weaning... so we gave it a go. The first night wasn't as bad as the second night. The third night was the worst of all. In fact, I ended up crying so hard I thought I was going to pass out, puke, or both. Elijah ended up crying nearly two hours and we caved long enough for him to go to sleep. He went to sleep within seconds. I removed the binky from his bed and haven't looked back since. Elijah did find binky's on two separate occasions, but both times we were able to retrieve the binky's without incident. But boy... that was hard on this Momma's heart - in more than one ways.

Because of this, I had to put up an unseen wall around my heart - otherwise I'd given in to him and his desire for that binky. I don't know if that's what caused the next issue or not... but for days Elijah would act out when around me. As in screaming, crying, fits, etc. At 7:30 each morning, when Chris would leave for work, Elijah would start acting out. He'd act up until we got to Nanna's house. On lunch breaks, he'd do the same thing as the morning... as soon as Chris was gone. Evenings were about the same routine. Chris finally got to see Elijah in action one day and realized what I was talking about. I told Chris I felt like I needed to re-bond with Elijah. We finally got that chance last weekend. I think it helped - as Elijah's behavior has drastically improved... and I was able to let down that wall I'd put up. Man, I sure love that baby!

Elijah has finally cut tooth #7 today. He's been slow at gaining teeth - but that doesn't bother me. I've heard that means they'll be healthy teeth! I think the loosing the binky made teething a bit harder (they were happening at the same time). Had we realized he was teething, I think we would have held off on the binky...? Who knows? What's done is done.

Work is still stressful at times, but seems to have leveled off. There are days that just want to scream! Other days, all is well. Today was very busy - which I like. I like busy... it makes the day go so much faster!

I'm loving having Grace living close by... and now Amy and John have made SWT their home church too! I love seeing my sisters this frequently. After living here 11 years, it's nice to have some family around.

Back to Elijah (again):
  • He has his first ball cap. He kept trying to wear Chris' so I bought him one of his own - bright red! He looks so grown up and adorable in it.
  • Tooth #7 cut today
  • He's really starting to talk and will try to immitate just about everything we say including "Sweetie" & "Chris".
  • We're trying to move towards him feeding himself. I bought him some forks this past weekend. Silly boy, won't hardly eat off Mommy's plate until he's had a bite of Daddy's food.
  • Can now say church, cracker, cup (bup)
  • Knows the difference between uh-huh (yes) and huh-uh (no) and get's them right most of the time
  • Knows what a kitty (e-yow), puppy, monkey(eee-eee), frog (bibbit), and cow ('oooo) says
  • Loves, loves, loves, his red wagon and swing set
  • Is fearless when it comes to climbing (even up 10' ladders!)
  • Is doing really well with being quiet in church
  • Gives the most heartwarming hugs and kisses
  • Still loves bath time and tries to catch water when poured from a cup

We're still living like no one else so later we can LIVE like no one else. It's a good feeling to have our bills caught up, paid on time, and some money in the savings account. God has been good to us. If all goes as we're planning (hoping, and praying too) we should be debt free August 2014! I know that sounds like a long ways away... but it will be here before we know it. Trust me, there are days when I just need someone to look me in the eye and remind me that it will be here soon and I can make it. Most days 2014 seems to be 100 years away... especially when I'm thinking about how fast Elijah is growing up... and how many hours I've missed of his life because of my job...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Naomi was really the only child we had that wanted her pacifer and she was around 1 when we took it away from her. It took three nights as well. It is heart breaking watching them get so upset.

That's awesome that you all will be debt free in just 4 short years. I know what you mean by seeming so far away but look at in terms of how fast children grow up. I have an 8 year old! How did that happen?

Good to see you blogging and I am enjoying being back.

Love ya
Sarah
Grace said…
I just LOVE being a part of all this. Not the binky, of course, but catching water out of a cup. HAHA! Just the cutest thing ever. Of course, I miss Stephen and Lydia, but I really love being a part of your lives.

Popular Posts