Laaazy weekend

What a quiet, lazy, weekend. Seriously - I've not done anything all weekend other than laundry and caring for my baby. Yesterday it was rainy and dreary all day long. I thought it would be nice to just sit around for the day. Well, it was nice for a while, but then I started feeling guilty for not getting more done. When I stood up, my back was O U T. Worse than it's been for a very long time. It's a re-occurring injury - I'm sure it's my sciatic nerve. Meaning, then I REALLY couldn't get anything done. This is so painful; the crazy part is that it takes my chiropractor all of two minutes (or less) to adjust me and bring near immediate relief. Guess where I'm headed in the morning...

We had also planned to head to Brother Eric and Sister Debbie's this afternoon. JR & Melissa are both in with their families. I was really looking forward to the visit (and showing off my baby *wink). But that was not to be... Sister Debbie ended up sick in bed and missed church. Chris and I hated to show up because we both know what it's like when you're sick. On our way there, we cancelled on them and headed to Pittsburg instead. While there, we ate at Applebee's. Just before we got our food, Chris started feeling sick. He forced his food down and we headed home. Soon after we got home, he started feeling better, but went ahead and slept for a while.

Elijah has been sleeping nearly all afternoon. He fell asleep on our way home from church and didn't wake up until we were in Pittsburg. He was awake about an hour but fell asleep on the way home and has been asleep ever since. (About an hour and a half). He's already an hour past his feeding time. I guess he's just exhausted.

Did I mention is UTI? I can't remember if I blogged about it or not. Either way, he's doing much better and only has one day of antibiotics left. After that, I'm socking the probiotics down him. Hmm... that sounds mean... what I mean to say is: I'll be doubling up on his probiotics. I hate giving him synthetic medicines, but at the same time, relieved there was something to help get him over the infection.

Well, Chris' aunt just pulled up... Gotta run.

Comments

Lori Medlin said…
That sickness is really going around!!! Hope your sciatica gets to feeling better soon!! THat really hurts!! Give little man a kiss from his FAVORITE aunt Lori!:>)
sdlanc5 said…
Its ok to have a lazy day once and a while. I like lazy days I would love to be having one today but I have some laundry to do. I hope your back starts feeling better!
Anonymous said…
Lazy days are always nice for me and today would be a great day for one but I have lots to do. Hope all is going well for you!

Popular Posts