A blog... finally

I can't believe how long it's been since I last blogged. My life has been pretty stressful lately... even though I've been reading (one handed browsing during breastfeeding sessions) I've not been commenting or blogging. I hope no one takes it personal.

Elijah is now 8 weeks old. He's such a joy to have in my life. It's been harder this week to leave him. Every morning I tell him that this is only temporary and that Jesus is working on a way for Mommy to stay at home with him. He seems to be doing okay (in spite of his first cold) going to Nanna's house everyday. My heart breaks every time I leave him though. Elijah smiles all the time now and I was finally able to get one of his smiles on camera. He's focusing much further now. His baby blue eyes follow us around the room. He's even got a favorite video now. Nancy loaned us a "Baby Praise" DVD. It's awesome - geared toward babies, beautiful praise and worship music that brings a relaxing, peaceful atmosphere into the home. Elijah will sit and watch the whole thing through. I've always said I didn't want to let our TV be a babysitter, but it's been nice to have his mind occupied while I get something else done. However, I am careful how often I use it just because I don't want to get into that habit.

I'm anxious to see how much Elijah weighs at his next doctor's appointment... and to see how long he's getting. I'm already packing away a few 0-3 month outfits because he's getting to long. Of course the newborn stuff has been to small for a while now. Bubby got to enjoy his first snow this past weekend too. It was soooo beautiful here! I think Daddy and I enjoyed it more than Bubby!

It sounds like everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving. We did too... we went to Mom and Dad's. I forgot all of Elijah's clothes. All I had was the diaper bag with 4 diapers and about 3 or 4 wipes. Chris made a quick trip to Wal-mart for diapers and wipes. Thankfully, Chris' Mom took the suitcase to her brothers where we went on Thursday evening. I found out I over pack! I didn't realize I could get by on so little! We stayed over Thursday night with Greg and Nancy (Chris' uncle and family) as is our Thanksgiving tradition. It's so fun to see all the family again.

Friday I got a few bargins. Not a whole lot of sales interested me so Nancy and I didn't leave the house until 9:00 or later. My best bargins came from a flea market. I bought a replacment coffee pot (just the carafe) at Target for $15 - and found the exact same one at the flea market for $1.50! Needless to say, the Target pot is going back. I also bought a beautiful table lamp for $10... I love it! Those deals have got me in the flea market mood. Unfortunately, there are very few flea markets in this area - nothing like my hometown Crane, MO - where there's a different flea market on every corner - literally! Oh well... I'm hoping to check them out on Saturday while I grocery shop.

Okay, I need to get off here and get dinner started. It's church tonight so I need to get dinner going or we won't have dinner at all. Chris is out hunting... since it's a church night, he'll probably get one. Seems that's the way it works around here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was wondering what had happened to you! I love to read and keep up with you. Would love to see new pictures of Elijah. I can not believe he is 8 weeks old. Time goes by so fast!
Anonymous said…
I am glad to see you back in bloggerworld.

I know what you mean about not having alot of time..... I thought there was NO WAY I could do one more thing....then Mama got sick.
I found out a way to SLOW down.

Yes I am still busy with Mom and business matters and my babies but the schedule I have literally THROWN out the window.

There are things that used to drive me CRAZY and now I will just ignore them. Funny how the prospective changes.

I think God has really helped me to understand that I need to stop and smell those roses...not just glance at them in passing. Worship the Creator...not take the creation for granted. For He IS in control of ALL things.

I don't know where all this is coming from Nettie but I feel it pouring out of me.....I don't have alot but such as I have give I thee my friend. I am a stay at home mama and I am giving you what God has given me. Believe JUST LIKE YOU ARE and it is YOURS.

I love all three of you with my whole heart!!!

God bless you!!!!

Jennie
sdlanc5 said…
I am glad you had a good Thaksgiving and was finally able to get Elijah's smile on camera. I will be praying that everything works out were you can stay at home with your little one. Lord bless!
Lori Medlin said…
I can't believe he is getting so old either!!! I enjoy going to flea markets to I don't go very often cause it's hard with kids that are mobile!! Give my sweet baby a kiss for me please!
Anonymous said…
I love all the new pictures!.. especially the one at top - beautiful :) Y'all look fabulous! I'm trying to catch up a bit, but it's been a while since I've been on here, so I still may miss some things. Glad all is going well. They just grow up too fast, don't they?!!

Popular Posts