Restless

Goodness, I feel so restless today.  It's probably due to how tired I am.  Like a naughty kid, I laid awake reading (an excellent book) until waaay to late.  As in past midnight. 

Of course, by 1:18, Elijah had woke up.  I tried bringing him to bed with us, but because we're not used to him being in bed with us, I don't sleep well. I finally took him back to his own bed at 3:00.  He was awake again before 6:00 AM.  Bless his poor heart... I'm sure he's wondering why Mommy didn't come running.  He kept calling my name, accompanied by a half hearted cry.  I could not make myself wake up.  At one point I heard him say "Mommy, I 'wake."  In the end, somewhere between 6:15 and 6:30 he fell back to sleep. 

The restless feeling could also be due to the cloudy skies and rain...

Or maybe knowing I have family coming in for the weekend and I still have things at home I need to wrap up...

Or just the fact that I want to be at home soooo bad....

Comments

Popular Posts