Thanksgiving in my heart

I miss blogging. Good 'old fashioned' blogging. Ever since I got hooked on FB, I rarely blog. That is not a good thing. This blog is supposed to help me keep track of all my wonderful baby moments with my baby who is all to quickly becoming a little boy. Not only that, I like to be able to look back a year from now and see just what was happenin' in our lives.

Update on Elijah:
Elijah is 13.5 months old now. He's about to celebrate his second Thanksgiving. Of course, last year, he slept through most of it. This year, he's going to love it!

He's quite the little climber! He's figured out he can climb on his four wheeler and then on to the couch. Or his little push toy helps him reach the DVD player buttons. Or like last night - as I was putting the finishing touches on Christmas garland as I stood on my foot stool - he tried climbing up behind me. Then, after I finished using the foot stool, he climbed up on the top rung and stood there for probably 20 minutes just a singing, talking, and dancing away!

I get made fun of because I talk about what a good baby he is. I can't take the credit for that - I truly believe it's due to the power of prayer that he is who he is. Chris and I both prayed for a good baby and God sure came through for us. People tell me to enjoy it while it lasts. I try not to be to naive, but I choose to believe Elijah will continue to be a good boy. Oh, I know, he was born in sin and shaped in iniquity, but I'm so thankful for his even temper and behaviour.

Elijah hasn't picked up sign language as much as I'd hoped he would. He will sign 'more' but I'm quite sure he has it confused with 'eat'. I blame it on myself for not using sign language more around him and keep trying to show him various signs.

He is trying to communicate quite a bit. Poor little guy becomes so frustrated if you don't understand what he's trying to tell you. He only says a couple actual words - Momma and Dadda, stop, howoo (hallelu). However, he has the tones down for 'thank you, amen, praise ye the Lord (aise deee oooo). Chris and I love singing 'Hallelu, hallelu, hallelu' with him. His little 'howoo' is sooo cute. I need to catch it on video some day.

I could go on and on for hours about my little guy.... but alas, he has woke up and is (impatiently) waiting to be picked up from his crib.

Lord, thank you for so many things... my husband, my baby, my warm home, and all the many blessings I so often take for granted. Your love for me, your saving-all sufficient grace, and your sustaining strength are what gets me through day by day as a conquer. May I never overlook You or loose sight of Your precious promises. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts