Saturday Morning Musings




It's a beautiful Saturday morning here in the "Show-Me-State". A balmy 49 degrees, but the sun is shining. I didn't get to sleep in, but that's fine with me. 5:22 is early, but I don't mind getting up with my baby. Those early morning feedings are some of the most precious moments I have with my baby boy. He seemed especially sweet and talkative this morning, making all the more worth while. I didn't go back to bed because I'd planned to make up some time at work. When I arrived, the network must have some issues because I wasn't able to log in.

Chris has already filed our taxes for 2008. See that little man on the left of this page? Isn't he the cutest little Tax Deduction you've ever seen? Our return is definately larger, thanks to Elijah. I'm so happy to be able to pay off a bill AND put a bit in savings. Quite a good way to start the weekend!





The above picture was taken on Chris' birthday. It was the first birthday he's celebrated as a Daddy. Last year, we didn't know we were expecting on his birthday. I love the transformation our lives has had. Even though Elijah and I were sick, I know Chris enjoyed his special day. I bought him an "Secret Service" coat for his birthday. He looks so handsome in it. It's a heavy wool fabric and Chris said it is the warmest coat he owns. S&K Menswear had a good price on their coats (1/2 off). I was pleased that Chris liked his coat so well.

Has everyone seen Fireproof? We're having friends over tonight to watch it for the first time. We had both wanted to go see it when it opened in the theater, but because I was 39 weeks pregnant, we didn't make it. I'm not big on going to the theaters, but to be honest, I really want to support these types of movies. I would like for Hollywood to get the message that we're sick of trash and want movies with wholesome content. We own their first two movies also, Flywheel and Facing the Giants - both are excellent films I would recommend to anyone. Even my Dad wants to see them! Facing the Giants has literally been an inspiration to both Chris and I.




See my Christmas present from Mom and Dad? It's been oiled and has trim on it now, but it's gorgeous! Dad built Amy & I each one of these chests using cedar lumber that he'd gotten from his dad's furniture shop. I'm not really sure how Dad acquired the lumber since his dad passed away in '78. Regardless of that fact, I'm proud to have such a beautiful piece of handmade furniture. It's an heirloom that I'll be proud to pass on someday.


I should get off here. I've been on the computer more today than in weeks. I hadn't uploaded pictures in forever but I'm finally caught up on that. TTFN!

Comments

Megalamode said…
That is such a cute picture of Elijah and Daddy!! I miss nursing Aurora. I mean, in a way. I'm glad to not have to be available at any time, but I miss the closeness, so I know what you mean about not minding being up early. :) I'm looking forward to the tax deduction this year too!! I have not seen any of the movies you mentioned, but have been wanting to see Facing the Giants and Fireproof both. I think Giants is on our Netflix, but we haven't gotten it yet. We're doing The Love Dare with our church, so I guess I NEED to watch Fireproof now!! Well, hope you're feeling good today and I'm glad to see you back on! Love you!
sdlanc5 said…
Nice Christmas present from your mom and dad. I havn't seen Fire Proof yet but I can't wait too. I will probably cry through some of it but we shall see with my hormones and everything. I bet Chris enjoyed his birthday alot this year since its his first b-day being a dad. We havn't done our taxes yet to bad the baby's due date is in May but I will be looking forward to next years!
Lori Medlin said…
HOw did I miss this blog?!! That little man is a cutie!! I guess Chris is ok to0.....:>)

Popular Posts