Decisions, Black Friday, stolen cell phones...

My blog is public again! Please comment and let me know you stopped by. I finally decided that if I don't want to take the chance of someone reading my blog... I shouldn't blog it!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day/weekend. Amy is officially the Turkey Cooking Queen! I’ve never had a turkey so flavorful, so moist, so….mmmm good! She outdid herself this year. I’m sure next year the turkey will get started a bit earlier, but other than that… I have NO complaints about the food. I thought it was pretty funny that the 10 of us “Miller” kids went through nearly 40 rolls! 16 were crescent rolls, the other 24 were Rhodes… they were all good and all but 2 were eaten!

Thursday, I hit Bass Pro and got some really good bargins… I think. I was a bit frustrated when I read my receipt. The ad said several of the items I’d bought were on sale 50% - but the receipt listed different original pricing than the ad. Oh well, I’m happy with what I bought… and I hope Chris is too. It was nice going in there on Thursday – no lines… no crowds… Made me happy!

Thursday evening we headed to Greg and Nancy’s to visit Chris’ family and spent the night there too. It was great to see all of them too. There are so many babies on that side of the family. I just love it!

Friday – Black Friday – I got some great deals. Nancy and I didn’t get up early like we normally do. We left her house around 7:30 and still ended up getting all the things we wanted. It didn’t seem like the crowds were as bad… but we were shopping later than normal and the stores didn’t seem to have very good sales this year. Bath and Body Works was the worst store we went into – as far as lines go. I think we were in line there about 30 minutes. Still not to bad… Now I just need to get it all wrapped.

Saturday and Sunday were good days too. I kept Amy’s kids for the weekend and Timothy and Ashley were there too. We had a really good time with all of them. Ben and Tiffany also came over on Sunday night. Everyone was gone by 8:00 or so… that’s when I headed to bed. I was exhausted! The kids were so adorable. I really enjoyed them; we built a ‘tent’ out of the dining room table and a blanket. I let them eat their dinner under there too. Mikah watched “Belle” (her name for Beauty and the Beast) twice… It was SO adorable watching her watch Cinderella in her “Cinderella” dress and slippers. Kenny was so good this weekend too. He loves his sister – but is truly her brother… if you KWIM.

The only black mark on the weekend?

Sometime over the weekend my cell phone and Chris’ phone charger was “stolen.” I hate to use that word. I hate to accuse anyone. I hate to even be going through my mind trying to figure out WHO to suspect. I feel guilty doing that. But I can’t help it. It’s natural to wonder who took something that belongs to you. I can’t even call my sisters or mother now! I’ve used speed dial so much, I don’t know their numbers. It’s really frustrating to go through this, but I know it’s happened for a reason. For now I’m using an old phone of Chris’. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing…

The odd thing about all this? The person left my SIM card. Unfortunately, it does me no good. The other day when I read April’s blog about loosing all her numbers, I had the thought that I should transfer all my info to my SIM card. I’ve had that phone for two years and I was thinking that if it goes bad, I wouldn’t have all those numbers and info. But I never got everything transferred over. Now I feel like it was God trying to tell me to take care of it, but I didn’t listen. According to AT&T, if the person tries using the phone with their SIM card, it will lock up the phone and possibly fry their SIM card. I don’t wish bad on anyone, but I do think it’s a little humorous that the phone will be junk now. I want it back soooo bad… there are pictures… numbers… ringtones… AAAAAA!!!! And since it will quite possibly become ‘junk’ I’m sure it will get tossed. Mom suggested praying conviction over whomever took it. I’m beginning to think that is a really good idea.

The moral of the story: If your info isn’t stored on your phone’s SIM card, STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND SAVE YOUR INFO TO YOUR SIM CARD IMMEDIATELY!!!! LOL

Comments

SnowWhite said…
Oh, wow! I would be devastated if anything happened to my cell phone.

Good luck on the weight loss. I made it to my goal with Weight Watchers (especially the Core plan) in 2006, but now I'm on my way back with 30 lb to go. Maintaining is tough! Hopefully I have the "eating right for a lifetime" mindset for GOOD now.
Anonymous said…
Hey it would be great to keep in touch with you on here! Yahoo is frustrating for me. Love ya!

Popular Posts