I know. I'm weird.
Just to a quick note about Elijah:
- He talks... a lot! Several people have told me his vocabulary is very advanced (he's not two yet). Tonight, I noticed he repeated nearly every word from his Baby Einstein MacDonald Had a Farm DVD. I really think those DVD's may have something to do with his advanced vocabulary.
- He is really in to cowboys at the moment. Anything with a cowboy hat is a cowboy. (The cowboy says 'howdy' and "yee-haw"!) He likes to watch Toy Story, but can rarely make it through the whole movie.
- He also loves Kidz Church that our church hosts once a month. He loves to watch the puppets and talks to them as if they were very real.
- Elijah loves his Daddy. They are buddies. Forever.
- This week, for the first time, Elijah told me he loved me... unsolicited. In other words, I didn't beg or bribe to hear those words. He had come to bed with us and crawled up on my chest... he laid his little head on my face (yes, on my face!) and said "Mommy? Wuv you." He kissed my cheek and moved on. Talk about melting my heart.
I miss signing... all of our deaf friends have moved to Arizona. I really miss them and the signing. I'm so afraid I'm going to loose it all, but feel hopeless to do anything about it. About the only thing I know to do is to sign to Elijah and to myself. When I am around my signing friends I can sign with them too.
See... blogging is relaxing. Something about the sound of the keys on the keyboard must put me to sleep. I've hardly typed at all and I'm already about to fall asleep. Earlier I was afraid I'd never finish my blog... I kept thinking of so many things I wanted to say...
Oh... by the way... I'm trying to think of a new blog title. This blog will be about Elijah... Chris... and me. I want something catchy, but that speaks of me. Any suggestions?