My One Year Old



My sweet baby is a year old. I had intended to blog about it yesterday but didn't get around to it. I simply don't know how to put my feelings into words. Sometimes I feel like I'm in shock - every thing is happening in a haze around me. The time has went so fast and my sweet baby should quite possibly considered a toddler. He should still be cuddling and needing regular burpings. Right?


I know I sound like a pyschotic idiot, but while I'm still trying to deal with the shock of having a one year old, I'm so proud of him! He's so smart and learns so fast! I hope that's not just the bias Mommy in me talking. Oh well if it is!



  1. Elijah knows what the plug in the tub is for - and tries to put it back in after I've removed it to drain the water. Bath time is his favorite! He loves to SPLASH!

  2. Elijah already knows how to play ball. He gets his big bouncy ball and sits a few inches away from Daddy - they roll the ball back and forth between them.

  3. He got a cute little Leap Frog magnet set for his birthday - the party was Saturday, today is Tuesday... And Elijah already knows how to operate the buttons and make them play the songs he wants.

  4. He knows 'puppy' and 'barks' on cue!

Chris picked out a toddler sized ATV for Elijah's birthday present. He's figured out how to get on and off the ATV by himself, but still has trouble holding the button down on his own. Tonight, when I picked up the ATV to put it on the charger, Elijah became quite concerned about where his four wheeler was going.



On a not-so-fun-note, Chris and I have been more stressed than ever. I think it's mostly signs of the times, but it has been wearing on us both. If it's not our finances, it our jobs. If it's not the job, it's the church, etc. etc. Always something! I feel stressed and want to talk to Chris, but he feels enough stress without me whining too. I know the Lord will be given all the glory for this valley we're going through. And through Christ, we can and WILL find the strength to make it through. Lord, may I never doubt You!...

Keep watching for a testimony post...

Comments

Popular Posts