CMH bound

Elijah will be 10 months old tomorrow. I cannot believe how time flies now. Before he was born, I didn't think he'd ever get here. Now, it seems the days are only a blur!

On Saturday, August 1st, Elijah said Mumumum for the first time. Yep - it was just a sound, but by the end of the day, he'd figured out to say it for Momma. I was so proud and happy! I love being his Mommy and I hope to be everything a true Mother should be.

Today we're headed to CMH for a follow up ultrasound on his kidneys. In Feb. he was diagnosed with Kidney Reflux and today the doc will make sure the kidneys aren't enlarged. Elijah has had NO problems since his diagnosis. I truly believe God healed him of the problem. I am fully expecting a good report today.

Elijah went through a growth spurt this past week. He slept a lot and was eating all the time it seemed. I'm anxious to see what his weight is today. At his 9 month check up, he weighed 20 lbs 2 oz. I'm pretty sure he weighs more than that now. It seems he gained weight over night. And, I can tell his little feet have grown too. This Momma knows her baby and those feet are longer today than they were a week ago. I know he's outgrown some of his size 3 shoes.

Elijah's not walking on his own yet - he still wants Mommy or Daddy to help him. Or he will use a chair, the trash can (when I'm not there to stop him), or anything that moves to help him get around. It's actually quite funny to see him pushing stuff around the house to help him walk. He loves the little push toy Aunt Tiffany loaned him. He'll push it around until he gets it stuck. It's only a matter of time before he's on his own.

Comments

Popular Posts