Playing Catch-up

Since my last blog:

Elijah has not only started pulling up to furniture, he's attempting to walk. He doesn't want to sit still any more; he must be on the move. He crawls/Army crawls about 50% of the time... he can't decide which crawl is faster. Daddy keeps trying to get him to walk, but I keep telling Daddy that we want our baby to be a baby as long as he can.
Still no teeth, but some days he chews on everything in sight... including my shoulder.

Elijah LOVES the pool. He hates getting used to the water, but once he's in, he'll splash and splash. I bought him the cutest pair of trucks that double as a swim diaper. They're supposed to be 'water' proof and 'solid' proof. So far so good. I bought them for about the same price as one package of swim diapers. He looks so cute in them... so grown up!


For Chris' first Father's Day gift, I bought tickets for us to go watch the Royals play the Cards. We're still debating on whether or not to leave Elijah. I tears my heart in two to think of leaving him, but I know Chris and I really need the time together. Part of me argues that it's Chris' FATHER'S Day gift and we should enjoy the time with our SON, but the other part of me knows just how much fun it will be to keep an 8 month old entertained through a 3 hour game. I can't imagine leaving him, but I'm pretty sure that's what we're going to do.
I took Elijah with me to a wedding a couple weeks back. He spilled my juice at the reception/brunch all over himself. He was soooo cute... he kept looking at his pants, then at the cup, back at his pants, then at the cup again... He could NOT figure out what had happened! It was one of those times Mommy wasn't watching close enough and before I knew it... He'd spilled my juice.
Still doesn't appear to be any way for me to stay at home in the near future. I know we serve a God of miracles so I'm not giving up. He will make a way when there seems to be no way. My heart breaks a little each day - Elijah's growing up so fast and I feel like I've missed out on so much of it already. I can not get these moments back. Ever. I want so bad to be mad at someone or to blame someone for this horrid trial I've been through, but there is no one to blame but me. No one to be mad at either. And even if there was, being mad wouldn't help anything. So I'm gonna keep pressin' on.
Chris is painting our house - it's looking so good! I'm getting so sleepy... so good night world!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know what you mean about leaving them it is so hard!

Okay you have to tell me how you done your header! Please because it is so super cute.

Sarah

Popular Posts